Jean-Michel Cousteau Hosted Cruise Departures
Join Jean-Michel Cousteau, son of ocean explorer Jacques Cousteau and an avid explorer, diplomat for the environment, educator and award-winning film producer in his own right, on special-edition departures in 2017 and 2018 aboard the luxury Aria Amazon or Aqua Mekong vessels.
These limited-edition cruises offer lucky guests unique opportunities for interaction and inspiration including:
- Experience the Amazon and Mekong from the perspective of a conservationist: Discover these two fascinating destinations as you learn about the challenges they face preserving wildlife habitats, delicate ecosystems and evolving cultural traditions and economic pressures which threaten the environment. Listen to evening talks and join the conversation with Jean-Michel as you learn about international conservation from a true expert.
- Enjoy insider access: Meet and get to know Jean-Michel Cousteau in the intimacy of a small group of travelers as you share excursions into the Amazon jungle and enjoy cultural experiences in Cambodia and Vietnam. Grab a bike or a kayak and pedal or paddle beside this fun and entertaining world traveler as he shares hilarious moments from his many journeys.
- Learn from a master: Try your hand at your own video storytelling as you receive valuable tips from a world-class film producer. Relax in the evening as Jean-Michel provides a personal perspective before you enjoy screenings of some of his award-winning films.
- Join in interactive Q&A Sessions: Ask questions to this world-class explorer in evening discussions following his storytelling about his adventures and hear what he’s learned about advocacy in ocean conservation. Discover the man and the vision behind the Ocean Futures Society through informal conversations over drinks.
Jean-Michel Cousteau Hosted Aria Amazon Cruises
4-Day Amazon Cruises (Departing 9 Feb & 5 Oct 2018)
- $4,350 per person | Lower Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
- $4,500 per person | Upper Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
5-Day Amazon Cruises (Departing 12 Feb & 8 Oct 2018)
- $5,600 per person | Lower Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
- $5,800 per person | Upper Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
8-Day Amazon Cruises (Departing 9 Feb & 5 Oct 2018)
- $9,950 per person | Lower Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
- $10,300 per person | Upper Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
Jean-Michel Cousteau Hosted Aqua Mekong Cruises
4-Day Mekong Cruises (Departing 19 Sep 2017, 27 Feb & 18 Sep 2018)
- $4,400 (2017) /$4,550 (2018) per person | First Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
- $4,550 (2017) /$4,700 (2018) per person | Second Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
5-Day Mekong Cruises (Departing 15 Sep 2017, 23 Feb & 14 Sep 2018)
- $5,650 (2017) /$5,900 (2018) per person | First Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
- $5,850 (2017) /$6,100 (2018) per person | Second Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
8-Day Mekong Cruises (Departing 15 Sep 2017, 23 Feb & 14 Sep 2018)
- $10,050 (2017) /$10,450 (2018) per person | First Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
- $10,400 (2017) /$10,800 (2018) per person | Second Deck Design Suite, Double occupancy
Limited cabins are available so reserve your suite now for this exclusive and unique cruising opportunity!
More about Jean-Michel Cousteau:
Jean-Michel serves as an inspirational visionary, advocate and voice for the environment, reaching out to the public through a variety of media including 80 films, many award-winning - receiving Emmy awards, the Peabody Award, the 7 d’Or, and the Cable Ace Award - and authoring hundreds of articles and several books.
Jean-Michel travels the globe, meeting with leaders and policymakers at the grassroots level and at the highest echelons of government and business, educating young people, documenting stories of change and hope, and lending his reputation and support to energize alliances for positive change.
In 1999 Jean-Michel founded Ocean Futures Society to carry on the pioneering work of his father and to honor his heritage. In May 2016, he was honored with the highest French civilian order of distinction, the Chevalier de la Légion D’Honneur, Knight of the Legion of Honor by the President of France, François Hollande.
Photo Credits ©Tom Ordway and Carrie Vonderhaar, Ocean Futures Society