Aqua & Aria Amazon Cruise Renovations
| Cruise News
Rainforest Cruises is excited to announce the recent renovations of two luxury river cruise boats in Peru. The Aqua Amazon and Aria Amazon both have undergone extensive refurbishments and upgrades these past few months, overseen by the cruise boat’s original designer, the renowned Peruvian architect, Jordi Puigi.
The Aqua and Aria riverboats are considered the first true luxury cruises to sail along the northern Amazon River in Peru. They are pioneers in the river cruising industry, known to provide excellent service, and extremely comfortable lounges, dining and sleeping accommodations. In order to keep their “top-of-the-line” standing and ensuring 5-star guest comfort and experience services, all public interiors and exterior areas have been fully renovated, together with 40 per cent of the suites while the remainder of work is due for completion by December 2015.
Aria Amazon Cruise Upgrades
The Aria Amazon is the 147-foot-long, sister ship of the Aqua Amazon. It has 16 cabins on board with a capacity of 32 passengers. The Aria cruise vessel was custom-built by renowned Peruvian architect Jordi Puig to cruise the Amazon.
- Aria Amazon's bathrooms have been upgraded with new floors and tiles.
- New furniture, new wall treatments (wood veneer) and new vanities with larger mirrors and lights.
- New exterior woodwork, painting and awnings
- Indoor lounge features a new black granite counter, new wooden furniture, a new library and additional bar stools.
- Dining room features new flooring, new luxurious seating, a granite buffet table, a waiter’s station, new entrance doors and new dinnerware.
- Ship’s entrance features new lighting and wall coverings, and the outdoor lounge features new lighting and deck chair cushions.
- Spa has a new interior decor and all new paneling.
Aqua Amazon Cruise Upgrades
The Aqua Amazon has a capacity of 24 passengers with 12 luxury cabins on board. The 130-foot long Aqua vessel size to sail along the Amazon River, providing extremely comfortable lounge, dining and sleeping accommodations.
- Exteriors of the Aqua Amazon have new woodwork, painting and awnings.
- Completely revamped dining room with new natural wood flooring, new upholstered furniture and new dinnerware.
- Aqua Amazon’s suites feature reupholstered sofa beds, new cushions, new amenities such as USB plugs on nightstands, and new vanity furniture with larger mirrors and vanity lights.
- New wallpaper and floors with the indoor lounge & bar enhanced with new wooden furniture and bar stools.
Amazon Skiff Upgrades
Aqua and Aria's skiff boats (used for jungle excursions) will also be upgraded. Eight brand new skiffs have been ordered with a renewed design that provides more leg room, inclined custom made ergonomic seats and more space for full day exploration. These very durable "floating jeeps" allow you to get close to the many bio-diverse area in the Amazon.
Both the Aqua and Aria Amazon cruise offer striking contemporary design with exemplary culinary experience. The dining rooms have different themes each day, and the menu is made with exotic local ingredients, crafted by the celebrated Peruvian chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino, who also owns the Amaz & Malabar restaurants in Lima. Exciting itineraries of 4, 5 and 8 days are available, the 8-day being a combination of the 4 and 5-day itineraries, ideal for those lucky enough to have more time to spend on the Amazon. Daily jungle excursions will give you an intimate connection with the Amazon rainforest. From bird-watching, to wildlife spotting and kayaking through Amazonian tributaries, you'll have endless stories to tell upon returning back home. The staff, of course, is extremely accommodating and friendly, offering top service always.
These cruises are quite popular and get booked up quickly, so please contact us for the latest availability.