Brazil E-Visa Application
Rainforest Cruises offers many exciting tours in Brazil. From the mighty Amazon River, to the colorful streets of Rio de Janeiro and powerful Iguassu Falls, there is always something to do for every type of traveler. In 2018, travel to Brazil has never been easier. The Brazilian Foreign Office launched the Electronic Tourist Visa Program (E-Visa), for USA, Canadian, Australian and Japanese Citizens. This new program makes applying for a Brazilian visa much more convenient. You can apply online using your computer, or even via the mobile phone and tablet app.
To apply for the Brazilian E-Visa process, you first must meet the following conditions:
- You intend to go to Brazil as a Visitor
- Your stay in Brazil will not exceed 90 days.
- You hold an Australian/Japanese/Canadian/US passport.
Then, you can enter the website here: www.vfsglobal.com/brazil-evisa to start the application.
There are 3 steps you need to follow to complete the visa application process.
Step 1: Provide the Needed Information
In this step, you'll need to select the country as per the passport that you hold. If you have dual nationality, you must select the nationality of the passport that you will use for your travel.
Please remember that if the country of the passport registered on the E-Visa is different from the passport used to travel, the E-Visa will not be valid. The only travel document that can be used in the E-Visa application process is your regular passport. Other travel documents are not acceptable.
All applicants must have a machine readable individual passport which is valid for at least one month from the date you apply for your visa. However, it is recommended that your passport is valid for the duration of your travel and at least 30 days beyond in case of unforeseen circumstances. To complete the application, all applicants require clear colored electronic scans of the following:
- Passport page which has your personal information and photo
- ICAO Standard photograph photo
Step 2: Pay the Fee
After providing all the required information, you will be instructed to pay the USD $40 fee by credit card, union pay credit or debit card. It is not necessary for the card to be under your name.
Step 3: Download the E-Visa
If the application is successful, you will receive a copy of you E-Visa via the email you provided. You must download and print your E-Visa and present it at the moment of your boarding and landing in Brazil. We also recommend that you keep a copy of the .pdf file in your cell phone.
Brazil Visa Information to Remember:
- The Brazilian visa costs USD $40 and you must pay for this online via credit card, debit card
- The Visa is valid for 2 years from the date of issue (however you are only permitted to stay in Brazil for 90 days)
- The process should take an average of 5 working days
- You may still request a visa through the Brazilian consulate in the traditional way if you prefer
- You must present a printed copy of your E-Visa to the airline in order to board your flight to Brazil
Here are the helplines for each country.
USA: +1 929 244 4982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Canada: +1 416 216 4146 or email email@example.com
Australia: +61 282784461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Japan: +81 36 634 4955 or email email@example.com
You may also contact your Rainforest Cruises travel specialist by calling 1-888-215-3555 or filling out the contact us form.