From luxury accommodations to suites perched on the side of a mountain, when traveling to Peru where to stay is at the top of the list when planning an itinerary. When choosing accommodations, there are many well-known hotel brands to choose from as well as a variety of interesting places to stay to suit individual needs and preferences.
1. When romance is in the air, whether you are celebrating an anniversary or enjoying your honeymoon, consider a stay at the Hilton Lima Miraflores. The hotel provides an upscale atmosphere, superior guest services, and plenty of options to enjoy all that the hotel has to offer. The rooms are open and light and provide what you need for a comfortable stay with features such as elegant Peruvian-inspired decor, mini-bar, black-out curtains, Hilton Serenity bed, tea and coffee making facilities, HDTV, and high-speed internet. Get refreshed with a stop at the Lobby Café or enjoy the sunset from the Rooftop Bar. The Social Restaurant & Bar serves a fusion of Peruvian-American dishes and an opportunity to sample the Pisco Sour, the national cocktail. To unwind, workout at the fitness center or swim a few laps in the rooftop infinity pool.
2. Casa Republica Barranco, built in the 1920s, sits atop the cliffs near the bay in the Bohemian district of Barranco. The ideally located hotel provides easy access to area galleries, museums, stores, and restaurants. Each day at 5 p.m., a walking tour of the district led by hotel staff explores the district’s historical homes, galleries, cafés, stores featuring designer and handcrafted goods, churches, and plaza. Additional services include free bike rentals, daily breakfast, air transports, free internet, room service, laundry facilities, bar, and restaurant, and 24-hour reception.
3. For family-friendly accommodations, the Aranwa Paracas Resort & Spa, around 4 hours south of Lima on the Pacific coast has something for everyone. Along with comfortable and spacious standard or connecting rooms or suites, the Veranda Restaurant, spa, and several bars with sea views, there are plenty of things to do at the hotel. There is a tennis court, beach tennis, two swimming pools, a cinema, a pier, games area, and a pirate ship with a variety of activities.
4. Escape from the normal hotel setting and instead stay in a glass globe suite perched on the side of a mountain in the Sacred Valley with a stay at Skylodge Adventure Suites, which is an adventure all on its own. Three transparent glass capsule suites are mounted to the mountain wall 1,200 feet above the ground with features that include four beds with quality fittings, a private bathroom, privacy dome curtains, and a dining area. Ample windows allow you to see panoramic views of the mountains and the valley below during the day and sleep under the stars at night. To access the glass capsules, guests can either make the climb or hike the trail. When it is time to leave your pod, you’ll use the zipline to take you to the bottom of the mountain.
5. The Tambo del Inka luxury resort and spa offers and all-in-one destination providing everything you will need while staying in the Sacred Valley. Elegant and upscale rooms and suites with private balconies provide ample comfort. For convenience, there are on-site restaurants with creative menus, a lobby bar, and private train transportation. When it is time to relax, step into the heated pool, visit the fitness center, or relax in the spa.
6. If staying in luxury accommodations is your preference while staying in Cusco, there are several to choose from offering exemplary features and amenities starting with the Palacio del Inka. The mansion, situated in Cusco’s historic district, is over five centuries old. Not only will have access to luxury accommodations, but you will also marvel at the sheer beauty of the hotel’s architecture and decor. Suites feature 13-foot ceilings, hand-carved furniture, and decorative accessories that highlight the ambiance of your suite. You will have access to soothing treatments at the Andes Spirit Spa and partake of exquisite culinary creations at the Inti Raymi Restaurant. Nearby attractions within walking distance include the Museo Maximo Laura, Ekekos San Blas – Arte & Colores, Kusicancha, and the Cusco Cathedral.
7. A stay at the JW Marriott El Convento means curling up at night in the comfort of a restored 16th century convent. The hotel is also in the historic Cusco district and near the Plaza de Armas. Whether you choose a room or suite, each offers amenities to ensure your rest and relaxation with luxury amenities such as deluxe bedding, marble bathrooms, and a mini-bar. Rooms also are oxygen-enriched to help relieve the effects of altitude sickness. Dining is a delightful experience at Qespi Restaurant and Bar where genuine Peruvian fare, creative cocktails, and an impressive wine list await your pleasure. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served at the restaurant. After a day of exploration, unwind at the hotel’s spa for a massage, facial, or an ancient healing treatment. There is also a sauna, yoga room, and a pool for relaxing.
8. Monasterio will transport you to a time when the peace and solitude of the former monastery was an integral part of the city. Each luxurious room or suite is inviting with its warm wood furnishings complemented by antique accessories. Dinner dining is a memorable experience as you sit among the cloisters with flickering candlelight highlighting artwork, and antiques, and operatic events while dining at El Tupay serving delectable international cuisine. For breakfast and lunch, the menu at Illariy offers plentiful Peruvian dishes to enjoy in the open-air courtyard.
9. Majestad Hotel Boutique is one of the best hotels in Peru for classic charm. Located in the historic district of Arequipa, the colonial-style hotel dates back to 1801. The hotel has a room style to fit every traveler from single and twin rooms to double and triple rooms each with a private bathroom. Each is designed for the ultimate in comfort beginning with anti-noise windows for restful sleep. Rooms utilize natural light filtering in through large windows to provide a bright atmosphere. You can watch a favorite show via cable TV or chat with friends using the free in-room internet.
Services provided by the hotel offer convenience to ensure guest satisfaction. During your stay you will have access to 24 hour reception, bilingual staff, tagged and stored luggage for safety, laundry and ironing services for a fee, safe box for valuables, heating on request, breakfast at the hotel or take it on-the-go. An airport hotel transfer is also available for a nominal fee.
10. Pretty in pink is the perfect way to describe the neo-colonial design of Casa Arequipa constructed in the 1920s as a private residence. Today, the well-maintained mansion offers a relaxed and quiet atmosphere as it resides in the upscale neighborhood of Vallecito. The restored and updated home turned hotel is furnished with exceptional ironwork, ceramics, and hand-crafted woodwork. Rooms are equally refined with quality bedding and elegant furnishings and accessories.
Hotel services take the stress and hassle out of travel time starting with 24-hour front desk staff to handle requests, provide information, and answer questions. Additional services include providing a private car and driver rented by the hour, for half a day, or a full day. Laundry and ironing are available for same day service when requested by noon. To unwind and relax, the front desk staff will reserve a time for you to receive spa treatments at a deluxe spa near the hotel. There is no worry about getting to and from your point of arrival or departure with the hotel’s round trip bus and airport transfer service.
11. The Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel is the perfect location for travelers planning to visit the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu. The hotel rests at the base of the historic location dear the Vilcanota River providing picturesque views of the mountain. Choose from an elegantly refined room or suite and dine on traditional Peruvian cuisine in the Qunuq Restaurant with spectacular views or have a casual bite to eat or a refreshing cocktail in the Suquy Café & Bar with views of the river. For a special occasion, enjoy the private dining on the terrace.
Hotel amenities are designed with guest comfort and convenience in mind. During your visit, you’ll enjoy a complimentary breakfast, escorted assistance, room service, a free minibar, Wi-Fi, and concierge service. There is also a gift shop for special souvenirs, and a business center with printer access to stay connected with friends, family, or business associates.
Whether your vacation plans include doing a variety of activities, seeing top-rated attractions, exploring on your own, or a combination of all, where to stay in Peru offers many choices. From casual local hotels to luxury resorts, you won’t have a problem finding the destination location that provides everything you need for an exceptional Peruvian vacation.
While Rainforest Cruises aim to provide accurate and up-to-date information, we make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information herein or found by following any link on this site. Rainforest Cruises cannot and will not accept responsibility for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for any consequences arising therefrom, including any losses, injuries, or damages resulting from the display or use of this information.