Beginning in vibrant Buenos Aires, you are invited to explore Argentina’s capital city and take in a fabulous tango show, before spending two days at a luxury lodge in Parque Esteros del Iberá, where you can choose your activities from a menu that includes bird and wildlife watching, boat rides, horseback riding and more. Your tour continues with two days at the mighty Iguazú Falls, which you can marvel at from the Argentinian side before crossing over to the Brazilian side. All of the featured excursions, activities, and accommodations can be tailored in accordance with your personal wishes. All are private tours and transport with a private guide.
Your luxury 7-day tour from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls to Ibera Wetlands begins in the cosmopolitan capital city, which marries sophistication with the Latin passion for which Argentina is so famous; it is filled with cultural gems, superb cuisine and a flourishing nightlife. The café culture is alive and well along cobblestone streets where you will be awestruck by the majestic architecture. You will be staying in the trendy neighborhood of Palermo, where the nightlife is as colorful as the streets, and bars stay open all night so you can dance until dawn in this city that invented tango.
Enjoy a city tour, beginning in Plaza de Mayo, with the iconic balcony from which Eva Perón famously addressed the throngs of impassioned supporters. Visit local barrios and old tango districts such as Monserrat, San Telmo, and La Boca, a traditional quarter of brightly painted Italian family homes and restaurants. Witness the busiest areas – Puerto Madero, Retiro, and Plaza San Martin.
Explore the graceful neighborhoods of Palermo where you can stroll through purple-blossomed parks, rose gardens and lakes among porteños playing sports, and the Recoleta district, one of the most fashionable parts of the city, which includes South America’s most opulent and extraordinary cemetery, the resting place of Eva Peron. In the evening, enjoy the finest Argentine cuisine and fabulous Malbec wines, while watching the most authentic tango show in Buenos Aires, which features some of the best dancers in the world.
Parque Esteros del Iberá
Fly to Posadas in the Misiones province of north-east Argentina and transfer to Parque Esteros del Iberá for the middle part of your Iguazu Falls tour package from Buenos Aires. Parque Esteros del Iberá is a magnificent, protected wetland reserve, characterized by marshy swamps, moss-covered bogs, and shallow lagoons. It also happens to be one of the largest wetlands on the planet and is one of South America’s finest places to see wildlife.
Here you can see alligators, giant otters, capybaras, monkeys and anacondas, and over 350 different species of birds: it’s common to see herons, eagles, magpies, and even the giant, ostrich-like great rheas. Stay at the beautiful Rincon del Socorro lodge and choose your own adventure from the lodge excursion menu, which includes wildlife watching (day and night), boat rides through Laguna Ibera, horseback riding, field trips, self-guided trails, birdwatching, and cycling.
Transfer to Puerto Iguazu, a trip that takes around six hours, and relax before your unforgettable two-day tour of the mighty Iguazú Falls, during which you will marvel at this spectacular natural wonder from both the Argentine side and the Brazilian side. Argentina lays claim to 80 percent of the falls, and Brazil lays claim to the other 20 percent. This means that you get a bigger picture view of the falls from the Brazilian side, looking towards Argentina, but in Argentina you get closer to the falls and there is a larger area to explore. If you’re having the Iguazu Falls Brazil vs Argentina debate, both sides are incredible, and on this trip, you will get to spend a full day exploring each side by foot, and the chance to take an optional adventure by jeep and then boat ride almost right beneath the waterfalls! Hear the falls resonating through the rainforest and revel in the spectacle.