Beginning in vibrant Buenos Aires, you are invited to explore Argentina’s capital city, before enjoying an amazing wine tasting experience in the wonderful wine producing region of Mendoza. Your tour continues with two days at the mighty Iguazú Falls, which you can marvel at from the Argentinian side before crossing over to the Brazilian side.
Your classic Argentina Wine & Waterfalls tour begins in the country’s vibrant capital, Buenos Aires, a city that combines faded European grandeur with Latin passion. On the narrow cobblestone streets of the old town, tango music is heard at every corner. Be sure to head down 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest avenue in the world, its name honoring Argentina’s Independence Day.
You’ll pass the majestic opera house known as ‘Teatro Colón,’ the magnificent ‘Obelisco,’ and ‘Casa Rosada,’ the pink-colored government mansion with the iconic balcony from which Eva Perón famously addressed the throngs of impassioned supporters packed into Plaza de Mayo.
Visit local barrios such as La Boca, a traditional quarter of brightly painted Italian family homes and restaurants, the graceful neighborhood of Palermo where you can stroll through purple-blossomed parks, rose gardens and lakes among porteños playing sports, and the Recoleta district, one of the most fashionable parts of the city, which includes South America’s most opulent and extraordinary cemetery, the resting place of Eva Peron. In the evening, enjoy a unique dining experience that cleverly blends exquisite food and wine, local culture, and social integration.
Your Argentina Wine Tour
Fly to Mendoza and stay in the village of Chacras de Coria, situated in the countryside on the outskirts of the city, in the most incredible wine producing region of South America. The area is packed with beautiful ‘bodegas’ (vineyards) producing world class Malbec and Merlot wines. Explore Mendoza, a lively desert town of wide, leafy avenues, atmospheric plazas and cosmopolitan cafes, situated to the east of Mount Aconcagua, the highest peak in the Western Hemisphere.
At the heart of Mendoza is its main square, Independence Plaza, which is surrounded by restaurants, shops and beautiful buildings that are illuminated at night. Relish a full-day wine tasting tour of Luján de Cuyo and visit three of the region’s most prestigious wineries: Achaval Ferrer, Casarena, and Dominio del Plata. At each location, the guide will explain the process of elaboration, characteristics of the wines, guide you around the facilities, and encourage you to sample some fine wines, and enjoy a delicious 5-course lunch.
Your Argentina Waterfall Tour
Your next two days will be spent marveling at the mighty Iguazú Falls. Brazil can lay claim to about 20 percent of the falls, and Argentina to the other 80 percent. This means that you get a bigger picture view of the falls from the Brazilian side, looking towards Argentina, but in Argentina you get closer to the falls and there is a larger area to explore. If you’re having the Iguazu Falls Brazil vs Argentina debate, both sides are incredible, and on this trip, you will get to explore both sides by foot, by boat and by private vehicle. Hear the falls resonating through the rainforest and revel in the spectacle.