How to Combine Iguazu Falls & The Amazon Rainforest
Rainforest Cruises are here to help you understand just how you can combine Iguazu Falls & The Amazon Rainforest all in one jam-packed, fundamentally out of this world adventure! Take a read below, your invigorating journey across Brazil awaits.
The stunning Iguazu National Park is a member of the highly regarded UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Brazil originally registered 35 years ago in 1984. This colossal location is a reservoir of over 275 waterfalls - it is so gigantic in fact that it spreads across two countries - Argentina and Brazil; 20% resides in Brazil with the other 80% covering Argentinian land. The Brazilian side offers immaculate panoramic views of the falls, whilst the Argentine side of the falls creates an opportunity to see the falls from above. The Devil’s Throat (which marks the border between both countries) is perhaps the most prominent feature of this interesting location, where the water flowing joins from three different sides, creating a 260 degree view of the waterfall. Shocking to many travel enthusiasts the Iguazu Falls are almost double the measurement of the Niagara Falls, exceeding the recorded height by nearly 100 ft! Selected as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, the sheer stature of the falls themselves is enough motivation to get your camera (and raincoat) at the ready.
Covering an array of nine countries in South America; Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guyana, Guyana, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela, the Amazon is the worlds largest tropical rainforest. The largest portion is found in Brazil, home to 60% of the whole Amazon region! The Amazon basin encompasses a mere 6% of our globe, nevertheless it still contains an immense number of over half the world’s living species! This breathtaking motherland supports over 7000 species of mammals, fish and birds from toucans to pumas, giant anteaters and of course the fan favourite sloth. A fun fact is that Brazil also holds the worlds highest species count of insects - over 70,000 to be exact. Many creatures are rare to this area of the world and are secured in protected areas for longevity of species and safety purposes. Experiencing the Amazon is incomparable to any other vacation destination in the world.
A wild mixture of cruises depart on a daily basis from ports such as Manaus and Leticia, taking trips of a lifetime through the mighty Amazon river in Brazil. A large quantity of planned routes take you from the renowned ‘meeting of waters’ (where the Rio Negro meets the astonishing Rio Solimões) to stopping over in the local villages and schools to meet the indigenous people of Brazil. Certain boats have special itineraries including fly-fishing tours, visits to the Anavilhanas Archipelago, leisurely kayaking outings and stop offs at the Amazon Theatre for various performances throughout the year.
Many communities are working together to save the amazon from a decline in size or habitation, putting in place certain procedures to benefit the flora and fauna now and in years to come. Special cruise departures with Rainforest Cruises allow you the opportunity to give back and support this conservation process through activities, donations and more; Ecotourism can be used to aid the Amazon when done in the right, wonderful ways. The Amazon is a beautiful destination no matter what age or ability you are - we have a wheelchair accessible superior vessel and even cruises with no child age restrictions for the Brazilian Amazon. What could you possibly be waiting for?
How to Visit Both Stunning Locations
Here at Rainforest Cruises we present you with the incredible opportunity to tick off multiple bucket list destinations with our large selection of Brazilian Amazon cruises & our very own Iguazu Falls land tour. This land tour can be combined with any Brazil cruise of your choice! Ranging from 3 days to 12 days, you can truly fit in a cruise no matter your holiday allowance. With hotel stays and transfers included on your land tour, you can unwind with the knowledge you are fully taken care of and put your enjoyment at the top of your to-do list. English/other speaking guides can be organised alongside your trip for the full breakdown on Iguazu Falls.
How to Make a Reservation for This Tempting Duo of Destinations
If the opportunity to combine Iguazu Falls & The Amazon Rainforest in Brazil is making its way onto your wish list, don’t hesitate to contact our team here at Rainforest Cruises for more details. We will handle all of your requests as best as we possibly can to accommodate you on your newest journey. Before you run off with your suitcases please show your interest by sending us an enquiry or calling 1-888-215-3555 to see just what we can do for you.